Winter months tend to collect more dust as winter forces humans to turn up the heat, in order to keep the heat in, doors and windows are kept closed. An unfortunate side effect is dry air, this can let dust levels increase as the dust that would land in places easy to clean begins to settle on high surfaces like window treatment. Come spring, for allergy sufferer or anybody wants to have a healthy environment, it is important to give your window treatment some cleaning, your house will be free of allergens and dust, so it will look fresh and clean for the rest of the year.
1. Don’t dry clean or wash your draperies. Most drapery fabric is not washable. There are very few exceptions to this. If you try to wash your draperies, the lining and face fabrics may shrink or not shrink in different ways. So, the lining may end up being longer than the face fabric. The same holds true for dry cleaning.
2. Steaming your drapes and roman shades, all our shades and drapery panels had underwent intensive steaming prior to installation, so it’s safe to steam them again, you can also achieve the dressed and renewed look after the fabric been steamed. We recommend a hand-held steamer, it can achieve this look effectively. Steaming is also a good way to kill off allergens.
3. Vacuuming really is the easiest and best way to care for your window treatments. We recommand an old piece of panty hose to cover the end of an upholstery vacuum attachment, so that you don’t suck the fabric or trim into the vacuum. Vacuuming gets rid of dust as well as allergens, it keeps your home healthy!
3. Use a lint roller. This is especially helpful if you have pets who may rub up against the bottom of your draperies.
4. Spot clean when necessary.
5. Finally, if above methods don’t work, call the professional.